Re: disposition of 2.2.16

On Sun, Jun 25, 2000 at 05:15:24PM -0400, Adam Di Carlo wrote:
> So consider this notice that 2.2.16 is getting put into freeze for
> upload hopefully in the next 2-3 days.

Sounds good. I've been informed that Arm boot-floppies will be lagging a
bit (until next weekend), which is a bit annoying, but if everything else
can be ready-ish in a few days that's pretty decent.

> Hope we're not delaying the release cycle too much?

There's still some removals, a couple more updates, and some more recompiles
to be done yet.

The only thing that seems really worrying at this point is new gpm
installs, but I guess that can be fixed in parallel to b-f's.

Note that there's a new sysvinit waiting to go into potato, and we might
also end up with a new util-linux. These shouldn't affect boot-floppies
too much, beyond a final build when they're updated.

Cheers,
aj

                                      -- Dave Clark