Re: Upgrade report: Test Cycle 2

Le Thu, Jun 15, 2000 at 10:42:48AM +0200, Sven Hartrumpf écrivait:
> I just want to report a successful upgrade
> from slink to potato-test-cycle-2 (i386) following the instructions
> in bin1::upgrade/release-notes.en.txt and using bin CDs 1, 2 and 3.
>
> Removing egcc ...
> /var/lib/dpkg/info/egcc.prerm: /usr/sbin/update-alternatives: No such file or directory
> dpkg: error processing egcc (--remove):
>  subprocess pre-removal script returned error exit status 1
[...]
> The reason for this error was:
> /usr/sbin/update-alternatives contained
> #! /usr/local/bin/perl
> but on my slink system, there was no /usr/local/bin/perl, just
> /usr/bin/perl.

Did you install the static dpkg stuff ? Where did you get it from ?

We already had such a problem in the first version of static dpkg that we
provided on Anne's page, but I recompiled it and it should be ok now ...
unless the bad one has been installed...

Anne, can you check if the good dpkg package has been installed by
Richard in the upgrade-i386 directory ?