Re: file RC bugs for potato uninstallable pkgs (was Re: Pleaserelease 2.1r6)

Le Thu, Apr 27, 2000 at 04:40:37PM +0200, Adrian Bunk écrivait:
> I would prefer Wichert's suggestion: to file one single bug report against
> ftp.debian.org .

There's already such bug reports filled against ftp.debian.org, but they
aren't RC and they don't need to be.

> Where's a reason for the difference between the priorities `optional'
> and `extra' if you can't be sure that a CD
> excluding all `extra' packages but including all others gives you a Debian
> with no missing dependencies?

CDs are never built this way. The priority field is not much used. We
include standard, important and required packages in the "standard system"
aka on the first CD. For the rest, we don't do any differences between
optional & extra ... and even if some priorities were broken in the
standard system, debian-cd deals well with it ...

Raphaël Hertzog -=- http://tux.u-strasbg.fr/~raphael/
<pub> CDs Debian : http://tux.u-strasbg.fr/~raphael/debian/#cd
      Formations Linux et logiciels libres : http://www.logidee.com </pub>