Re: potato kernels and debian-cd

Le Sun, Apr 23, 2000 at 03:42:06AM -0700, Jim Westveer écrivait:
> When one runs debian-cd to create potato .iso's,
> debian-cd decides:
>
>    # Removing packages from the system :
>    kernel-image-2.2.14
>
> There by removing ALL 2.2.14 images from the resulting .iso

No, please check what you're telling... this is output while doing make
status. It tries to generate a consistent standard system to decide which
packages must go on CD 1.

And it looks likes several pakages have standard priority and do
conflict... it's not debian-cd fault. I generate a fake status file with
all standard packages installed and apt detects this inconsistency and
will resolve it by removing one of the package.

Anyway this won't break anything since all the packages that are
installable in a way or in a other will be on the CDs. The worse that can
happen is that it may end up on the second or third CD instead of the
first...

> 2.  Is debian-cd confused by multiple 2.2.14 kernel packages,
>     or are the packages depends set wrong.

The package priorities are wrong.

Raphaël Hertzog -=- http://tux.u-strasbg.fr/~raphael/
<pub> CDs Debian : http://tux.u-strasbg.fr/~raphael/debian/#cd