ftp.debian.org 2.1r5/6 issues: w3-el, security and ChangeLog

Package: ftp.debian.org
Version: n/a
Severity: critical

It has been a _long_ time since 2.1r5 was ""released"" and multiple mails have
gone to many addresses. Still issues are not resolved. So I'll try it this
way:

For the generation of the Official Debian CD images the following things are
of CRITICAL IMPORTANCE:

 1) Install slink-proposed-updates/w3-el* in the main slink archive

 2) Install anything waiting on security.debian.org (latest is mtr_0.28-1,
    which has not yet been installed, since 9 March!)

 3) Make a note in slink/ChangeLog that version 2.1r6 (!!!!) has been
    released NOW.

And I _mean_ r6, because we can't possibly make r5 images any more due to
intermediate security updates etc.

If I don't see any action in a reasonable time (a few days!), I will continue
sending regular reminder messages.

Sorry, I don't like to do things this way either, but all other options have
been unsuccessful.

Regards,
  Anne Bezemer
(unofficial representative of the debian-cd team)