Re: M68K boot floppies / CDs

"J.A. Bezemer" <costar@panic.et.tudelft.nl> writes:

> My customers want m68k r4 CDs and they want them NOW. Please take whatever
> action is necessary to provide them ASAP.
>
> See threads
>   http://www.debian.org/Lists-Archives/debian-68k-9912/msg00056.html
> and
>   http://www.debian.org/Lists-Archives/debian-68k-9912/msg00087.html
>
> Regards (and being a bit annoyed),

Sorry about that.

Hope you had fun over the New Year --- I certainly did :-)

I've been away from home, reveling, and only got back this morning.

I can see why you're angry, but if these m68k people care so much
about getting CDs they should bloody well make the archive usable in
finite time.  It's pretty bloody depressing to find that you've wasted
in excess of a full working day producing variously broken CD images.
I'm not saying that I expect things to go right every time (in fact
experience has taught me to expect it to wrong most of the time ;-),
but I do feel justified in being a bit pissed off when the problems
don't get fixed when they're pointed out, and when I then start
getting grief about the fact that I've not had time to make new CDs
(when the biggest party in the world is in progress, and it is also my
company's financial year end)

I end up feeling:

  Why the bloody hell should I waste another few hours, hand-holding
  the production of a CD image that will almost certainly turn out to
  be broken in some way, when the people I'm doing it for cannot even
  organise fixing a broken symlink.

Hmm.  That's much better.  I'm glad I've got that off my chest, I'll
get on with making the CDs now shall I? ;-)

Actually, I'm still tempted to put my foot down and say ``Until the
m68k archive is valid, they cannot expect to see official m68k CDs
released''.  This might perhaps ensure that we don't get this
happening for the potato release.  The thing is, why should some CDs
that were created by me from an archive that I've ``fixed'' be
considered ``official'' ?

Cheers, Phil.