Re: modutils 2.3.11-13

On Wed, 29 Nov 2000, Wichert Akkerman wrote:

> Previously Cristian Ionescu-Idbohrn wrote:
> > I'm very curious to know what's going on here. Care to tell the story,
>
> I'm actually surprised modutils 2.3.11-12 did accept that line. What
> happened is that years ago the syntax for conf.modules changes, and
> a couple of months ago that file was renamed to modules.conf and the
> syntax change was reverted. The old/current (eugh, confusing) syntax
> does not append the section-name to the path given in a path statement
> which made depmod scan everything in /lib/modules/`uname -r` for you,
> which includes some textsfiles (like modules.dep).
>
> Wichert.

Thanks.

I'm afraid it won't help so much to file a bug against pcmcia (or
others).

I wonder. Maybe the best thing, in situations like this, would be to be
told "You've been hit by the bug :(, check and cleanup your
/etc/modutils/* files".

Or maybe you know of some magic that does it for you. Do you?

Cheers,
Cristian

--
Be careful, life will kill you.