Re: problems with 2.2r1

On Mon, Nov 13, 2000 at 10:48:50AM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 12, 2000 at 11:09:03PM +0100, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> > Found problem with 2.2r1 as it is now:
> > * sparc dpkg uses a woody libc
>
> How would this have been detected?
>
> > * 5 outsatnding security problems
>
> I trust in future the security team will be getting security updates into
> proposed-updates in a more timely fashion, then. If you're just refering to
> random recompiles on other architecures, how do you propose we'll get any
> better action in the future?

For some of the outstanding problems, the blame lies with us, although
I maintain that alerting us you were finalizing 2.2r1 a day in advance
would have been perfectly reasonable!

For some, though, fixes had only just become available.  We told you
(at least twelve hours before 2.2r1 actually went out, I think) that
there was a security problem in bind and that a fix would be available
within at most a day - which it was.  You indicated at the time that
you were willing to wait for it.

Dan