preparing boot-floppies 2.2.17

If someone could do a new build of 2.2.17/CVS boot-floppies and put up
a URL for folks to download the i386 build stuff, that would be
excellent.  I generally put them on va or auric.  Please announce both
here and on

I would like to have people hold off on any "worrysome" hacking or any
commits to CVS which could possibly detriment stability or require a
lot of testing.

My hope is to get 2.2.17 out the door for r1 by 25 Sept.  I don't know
-- getting all the kernels for all the arches (if any!?) and the
flavors and pcmcia modules for i386 may delay that, if we wanna wait
for it.  I don't think that's required but it would be very nice,
obviously.

Then we hack on the language chooser and do bf 2.2.18 !

Joey said he's check/pester translators about PO changes.