Re: Which kernels to keep?

On 2000-05-27 at 10:16 +1000, Herbert Xu wrote:

> >> Can I remove all linux 2.2.13 and 2.2.14 related packages from the
> >> archive prior to the second test cycle?  That would zap bug#61544,
> >> for one thing.  It might also make potato one CD smaller :-)
>
> > For sparc you can remove everything except 2.2.15. Make sure to get the
>
> Same thing goes for i386 of course.

Note that this will effectively disable a number of things which are done
by kernel-patch, such as v0.90 RAID.  However, the patches against kernel
2.2.10 are so out of date that the archive is probably bettter off with no
kernel-patch package supplied to do RAID.  Of course, the raidtools2
package would end up suggesting a non-existent package this way, but I
would favor keeping raidtools2 in because it provides binaries which are
useful with the newer RAID kernel patches, even if this bends policy.

There are newer kernel patches available against the 2.2.14 and 2.2.15
kernels, but Debian at present has no packages supporting them.

-- Mike