Re: update on 2.1r5 status...

On Wed, Feb 16, 2000 at 06:59:32PM +0000, Dave Love wrote:

>  >> > >   [Vincent 2000/01/07]
>  >> > >   package      : emacs20
>  >> > >   version      : 20.5a-1.99
>  >> > >   architectures: i386 m68k sparc (ALPHA MISSING!!!!)
>  >> > >   issue        : Y2K fix in lisp/timezone.el
>  >> >
>  >> > That's a hard one. It compiles ok but during the emacs lisp compilation it
>  >> > goes boink. I tried egcs1.1.2 and egcs1.0.3a. Should I retry with gcc2.95.2
>  >> > which isn't a slink compiler ? Or just leave it alone ?
>  >>
>  >> maybe try with gcc2.95.2? what's usually done when this happens? (it
>  >> already happened I assume)
>
>  CM> A lost cause. egcs1.0.3a, egcs1.1.2 and gcc2.95.2 break in the
>  CM> same fashion.  Probably a binutils problem. I'll write up a bug
>  CM> report for bug-emacs
>
> Please will someone make a bug report urgently so that we (Emacs
> maintainers) can investigate it for Emacs 20.6.
>
> [davem reported an unexec problem on SPARC, but it works on my SPARC
> potato system, on an x86 Debian 2.0 system and whatever version rms is
> running.]

Hmm, last time I compile 21 is compiled fine. Can't remember 20. I do know
that emacs19 will _not_ compile on glibc 2.1 systems, and IMO, it needs to
be removed or fixed from potato (off topic, but just thinking out loud).

I'm trying to get the sparc autobuilder cluster back up (dead main board
on the NFS server for this group), and then I can investigate.

Wichert, are you doing the compiles for sparc/slink to get sparc
up-to-date with 2.1r5?

Ben

`     bcollins@debian.org  --  bcollins@openldap.org  --  bmc@visi.net     '