Re: list of 2.1r4 changes (was: Re: Last call for updated non-i386 packages.)

On Sun, 12 Dec 1999, Wichert Akkerman wrote:

> I just spent a couple of hours going through the list, verifying some
> things and fixing stuff. Vincent: frankly I'm annoyed that I had to do
> this, since this is your job.

Ok, I agree I should have put the y2k fixes in Incoming/ sooner, but I
just didn't want to put them in a public place too soon...
After that, I've been pretty busy with real life (I moved to another
city) and I'm just recovering.
I've also been slown down by having to wait for non-i386 recompiles.

> We do have a real problem: the y2k fixes hit proposed-updates way too
> late and now it seems the m68k autobuilder for stable isn't running
> so we don't have the y2k fixes for m68k. At this moment I'm not
> sure if everything will be recompiled on time.. I'm compiling stuff
> manually myself now but it's getting late and I do need to get some
> sleep...

I posted on debian-68k on Nov. 24th. asking for a recompile
(http://www.debian.org/Lists-Archives/debian-68k-9911/msg00175.html).
I also posted on Nov 25th, Nov 26th and Dec 7th.
That's been 18 days ago since the first; enough time to recompile a dozain
of packages.

To avoid this problems in the future, I'd like to be able to recompile
non-i386 packages myself.
I'm just missing accounts on alpha & m68k machines running slink. (I can
use my account on xia02 for sparc)

	Cordialement,

--
- Vincent RENARDIAS  vincent@{{ldsol,pipo}.com,{debian,openhardware}.org} -
- Debian/GNU Linux:                                               GNOME : -