Re: RfD: Preparing Debian 2.1r3

Martin Schulze <joey@finlandia.Infodrom.North.DE> writes:

> Dropping the Security hat now.  I don't think that this bug justifies
> an update.

I would agree -- except there a thousand other bugs and documentation
fixes which would be solved by an updated boot-floppies and associated
packages, such as kernel-images, etc.  Please read the boot-floppies
2.1.9.1 through 2.1.11 changelogs -- it's about 100 lines long.

> I have installed systems that are headless without trouble.
> On the first gpm was selected by accident causing some error messages.
> Still I don't think this justifies an updated set of boot-floppies but
> proper documentation on the release web page on the Debian web server.

I refuse to pretend that we can document around every little bug in
the system.  Remember, documentation is even harder to maintain than
code.