Re: stable with 2.2.11 (was Re: Stable release management)

Adam Di Carlo wrote:
> If we're going to go so far as to update slink for the 2.2 kernel, we
> need to update PCMCIA as well.

Yes, I know. That's something I already planned to do.

> The big unknown for a linux 2.2 and slink is other architectures.
> Personally, I have my doubts that the linux 2.2 kernel is more robust
> and stable than 2.0 for non-i386 architectures.

Well according to boot-floppies, at least 2 of the other architectures used
2.2 kernels already in slink. Presumably because the support for them was
much better then in 2.0.

--
see shy jo