Re: Debian 2.1r3

On Sat, Aug 14, 1999 at 12:10:10PM +0200, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> package: ftape
> version: 4.03pre2.1999.04.25-1
>   major update over slink, don't think it meets the update criteria

First of all it's only a minor update: slink has got pre1. Secondly
   * compiles with 2.2.x kernels
   * important bugfixes for parallel port floppy tape drives
     and Ditto Max 2GB
pre1 won't compile with 2.2.x kernels and I thought slink was meant to
be compatible with 2.2.x kernels although not officially supporting
them. Besides pre1 could cause unrecoverable tape archives with
parallel port tape drives and the Ditto Max 2GB which is not a
particularly useful feature for a floppy tape driver ;-)

I guess at least the latter could be viewed as a good reason to
include ftape in the slink update.

Greetings,

				Christian

--