Re: Unofficial Y2K update for slink.

On 21 Nov 1999, Adam Di Carlo wrote:

> Vincent, you should kick over your 2.1r4 stuff to debian-testing and
> debian-release.  Many of us (such as myself) can't keep up on
> debian-devel and get their work done.

ok, sorry.

> I'm confused -- does this solution obviate the "slink-and-a-half"?

"slink-and-a-half" would require more work (kernel-2.2 based, etc...)
2.1r4 will just be a standard stable update that also include a few y2k
fixes.

> Do we need a new boot-floppies for 2.1r4?

Nope.

However, we may try to release a "slink-and-a-half" later featuring a more
extensive update (At least: 2.2 based, XFree 3.3.5, October GNOME)

	Cordialement,

NB: I currently looking for:
1/ testers for the y2k-fixed packages (see www.debian.org/~vincent/)
2/ non-i386 people to recompile for m68k, sparc, alpha.

	Cordialement,

--
- Vincent RENARDIAS  vincent@{{ldsol,pipo}.com,{debian,openhardware}.org} -
- Debian/GNU Linux:                                               GNOME : -