Re: slink update: no xfonts???

On 19-Nov-99 Joey Hess wrote:

> I assume you installed from the apt repository at
> http://www.debian.org/~joeyh/stable-update/ ?

I did it.

> Some X packages crept in there that arn't part of my stable update (though
> they probably work fine on stable aside from the xfonts progrlem you ran
> into). I'll correct that.

The upgrade with apt-get removes xfonts-*3.3.2, because new xbase-clients
conflicts with them (<< 3.3.3.1-3). So the upgrade gives no problem, but gives
a system without xfonts and apt-get has no good xfonts to install. I solved the
problem installing potato xfonts packages, but I think that we can't release
the upgrade to users with this problem.

Another point. I made y2k update from Vincent packages and now I have
documentation for cvs, gs, enscript, vflib2 in /usr/share/doc. If you merge,
maybe you have to think about it.

bye
Christian

---
   Christian Surchi, csurchi@mclink.it, www.firenze.linux.it/~csurchi
              Debian GNU/Linux User  ->  www.debian.org
  PGP fingerprint = 05 CE 0B BE BF FC B6 14  53 CA C7 8E AE 3A F2 6A
  GPG fingerprint = D1E2 9A9D 1712 0E94 8671  834E 0CFF 30E1 2625 7B68
You will be honored for contributing your time and skill to a worthy cause.