Re: Staged Freezes

On Tue, Nov 09, 1999 at 10:55:18PM -0500, Brian White wrote:
> I'll just add a few comments about what I learned as Release Manager...
>
>  - everybody wants a freeze
>  - a few people always want to freeze "right now"

(ie me)

Without either
- a set of release goals, or
- a schedule

decided at the beginning of the release process (and amended where
necessary), there is no reason to freeze or not freeze at any point in
time.

It will be about 1 year between slink and potato, which is imho
a very long time. I can accept not freezing if we have good reason
not to -- otherwise, why not?

Hamish