Re: Staged Freezes

On Tue, Nov 09, 1999 at 10:55:18PM -0500, Brian White wrote:
> I'll just add a few comments about what I learned as Release Manager...
>  - everybody wants a freeze
>  - a few people always want to freeze "right now"

(ie me)

Without either
- a set of release goals, or
- a schedule

decided at the beginning of the release process (and amended where
necessary), there is no reason to freeze or not freeze at any point in

It will be about 1 year between slink and potato, which is imho
a very long time. I can accept not freezing if we have good reason
not to -- otherwise, why not?

Hamish Moffatt VK3SB. CCs of replies on mailing lists are welcome.