Re: Preparing the Release / Freezing potato

Raul Miller <moth@debian.org> writes:

> Ship's Log, Lt. Yann Dirson, Stardate 011199.1654:
> > > I was under the understanding that we should use /usr/share/man and
> > > /usr/share/info at once, without symlinks, as all readers look in both
> > > places; and that we should start moving does to /usr/share/, leaving
> > > symlinks from /usr/doc to /use/share/doc for now.
> > >
> > > Is there a misunderstanding on my part ?
>
> The most current policy is not suitable for release.

You guys are all acting wierd.  Debian has never instituted a minimum
policy version for a release.  Try to pretend that Policy 3.x is
required for release is only going to delay release until 2001.  The
only reasonable lower bound, if we wanted to have a lower bound at all
(which I doubt), would be something like 2.5.1.