Re: Preparing the Release / Freezing potato

On Sat, 30 Oct 1999, Joey Hess wrote:

> Martin Schulze wrote:
> >  . Our boot-floppies are not ready yet.  Freezing the distribution
> >    without working boot-floppies will extend the freeze time which
> >    would be a very bad idea.  Adam di Carlo today told me that he
> >    doesn't believe that our boot-floppies will be read before
> >    January.  (Since I haven't been able to work on them I can't say
> >    anything about that.)
>
> We've already done successful (nfs!) installs with the potato boot floppies,
> though there are of course glitches.

I did a successful network-based new install on the 29th with the only
real glitch being the fact that /etc/apt/sources.list points to stable,
which is right now, not very useful.  What would be the possibility of
changing the _distribution_ field from "stable" to "potato" until right
before the release?

BTW, kudos to the boot-floppies team for the good work.

  tony@mancill.com     | Linux: because a PC is a terrible thing to waste
http://www.debian.org  |    -- ksh@cis.ufl.edu put this on Tshirts in '93