Re: 2.1.1 and 2.2

"J.A. Bezemer" <costar@panic.et.tudelft.nl> writes:

> How are things with 2.1.1 (="stable update" w/ new X,gnome,...)? Release date?

I think Joey gave up on this.

> And will potato still freeze on 1 nov?

Hmm... I thought the target date was 15 Nov.

Given Richard B.'s public statement that he won't freeze potato until
he's happy about the chances that we can release within a month, I
don't *think* we can expect a freeze until:

 (a) we have boot-floppies, functioning (we're very close)
 (b) we have debian-cd (I hear this is already good -- confirmation?
     is it good for all arches?)
 (c) all the release candidate architectures (slink ones + powerpc) are healthy
 (d) RC bug count is < 100

But I'm just guessing....