Re: 2.2.11 boot floppies

Adam Di Carlo wrote:
> Geeze, I'm not quite sure what you're going for.  Are you lobbying to
> have a 2.1rX which include 2.2 updates?

Um yes. Did you miss my post to debian-devel? Everyone I've talked to it
seems in favor of it and I have the support of the stable relese manager,
Vincent Renardias.

Sorry, I keep forgetting some people don't read all of that list. Here's the
summary straight out of DWN. (And I'm not blowing my own horn here, someone
else wrote it. :-)

   Joey Hess proposed
   (http://debian.org/Lists-Archives/debian-devel-9908/msg00604.html) a
   major update to slink (Debian 2.1). Under the proposal, major packages
   that have been tested for 2-4 months will be incoporated into slink.
   Hopefully, this experiment will help cut down on Debian's future release
   cycles. Response so far as been largely positive, and work is underway.

> If so, I could get behind that, but I am a little sketical about it --
> I would want to get some test data about how much better kernel 2.2
> does for folks trying to install Debian.

That's fine. I also posted to debian-testing. Anyway, the logical first step
is clearly to make the disks.

> I would dearly like to see updated boot-floppies in either case.

Well here they are, though I'll have better ones tomorrow.

--
see shy jo