Re: Action needed for R-pkg Uploaders

Hi Chris,

Am Wed, May 08, 2024 at 10:14:34PM -0400 schrieb Chris Lawrence:
> On Mon, Mar 11, 2024 at 10:47 AM Andreas Tille <tille@debian.org> wrote:
>
> > Chris Lawrence <lawrencc@debian.org>:
> >  r-cran-aer
> >  r-cran-amelia
> >  r-cran-bayesm
> >  r-cran-coda
> >  r-cran-eco
> >  r-cran-gam
> >  r-cran-geepack
> >  r-cran-gmaps
> >  r-cran-jsonlite
> >  r-cran-mapdata
> >  r-cran-mapproj
> >  r-cran-maps
> >  r-cran-matchit
> >  r-cran-mcmc
> >  r-cran-mcmcpack
> >  r-cran-mnp
> >  r-cran-pscl
> >  r-cran-psy
> >  r-cran-rjags
> >  r-cran-vgam
> >  r-cran-zelig
>
> I now have the time to resume regularly monitoring these packages for
> new versions and uploading as necessary; I'll check on Amelia and VGAM
> in particular in the next few days as there appear to be new upstream
> versions.

Thanks for confirming to work on these packages.  In case it might help
you I'm regularly watching this file[1] which is autogenerated twice a
day and in fact lists Amelia and VGAM.  If you want to upgrade your
packages I'd strongly recommend to use

   routine-update

which was written exactly for the purpose to upgrade R packages which
are due to the nature of CRAN mostly no-brainers.  My bet is you need
only 2min of you own time (+ the building time of your computer) to
upgrade those packages if you follow this advise.

[1] https://salsa.debian.org/r-pkg-team/maintenance-utilities/-/blob/master/outdated_r-packages.txt

--
https://fam-tille.de