Re: Action needed for R-pkg Uploaders

Le Tue, May 07, 2024 at 02:53:40PM +0200, Andreas Tille a écrit :

> > Charles Plessy <plessy@debian.org>:
> >  r-bioc-genomeinfodb
> >  r-bioc-genomeinfodbdata
> >  r-bioc-genomicalignments
> >  r-bioc-hdf5array
> >  r-bioc-iranges
> >  r-bioc-matrixgenerics
> >  r-bioc-rtracklayer
> >  r-bioc-s4arrays
> >  r-bioc-s4vectors
> >  r-bioc-summarizedexperiment
> >  r-bioc-xvector
> >  r-bioc-zlibbioc
> >  r-cran-biocmanager
> >  r-cran-epitools
> >  r-cran-genetics

Hi Andreas,

I have a strong interest in Bioconductor and want to work on the next
transitions(s).  I put myself uploader of some of the core Bioc packages
as I am keen on following closely their evolution.

On the other hand, I am trying to routine-upload r-cran packages.
Sometimes it goes well, but sometimes I inspect the diff and I see that
I would need to update the Files-Excluded field to remove new HTML
documentation (which is becoming more prevasive), update names and years
in debian/copyright and run the process again.

I am sorry to say that I finally realised that my appetite for copyright
management has fell so low that it may explain why I was so inactive in
the past years.  When I encounter such a package, I just give up for the
whole day unless it is strictly necessary for something important that
depends on it.  I think that we need to either automate, or eventually
convince the Debian community at large that 1) for everything that comes
from CRAN and Bioconductor, the upstream DESCRIPTION file is enough
user-visible copyright documentation and 2) their HTML documentation is
build with Free Software and we should tolerate it in Debian.

Have a nice day,

Charles

--
Charles Plessy                         Nagahama, Yomitan, Okinawa, Japan
Debian Med packaging team         http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-med