Re: Please review autopkgtest of r-cran-tmb / r-cran-glmmtmb

On Tue, Jan 10, 2023 at 06:44:35PM +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:
> Hi,
>
> my last upload of r-cran-tmb was:
>
>  r-cran-tmb (1.9.1-3) unstable; urgency=medium
>  .
>    * Rebuild against latest version of r-cran-matrix
>    * Keep patch and add DEP3, but deactivate patch.  It seems we
>      should not ignore the signal a new rmatrix raises and rebuild
>      this package accordingly afterwards
>
> I can install r-cran-tmb and r-cran-glmmtmb in a local unstable
> chroot and load the libraries in R.  Unfortunately this does not
> seem to work in debci as per
>
>   https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/r-cran-tmb

This is expected. debci tests packages against their versions in testing.
It pulls matrix from testing and fails,

quoting relevant log:
| Selecting previously unselected package r-cran-matrix.
| Preparing to unpack .../65-r-cran-matrix_1.5-1-1_amd64.deb ...
| Unpacking r-cran-matrix (1.5-1-1) ...

> Any idea how to let the packages smoothly would be welcome.

Versioned "Depends" against rmatrix is the way to go. This[1] should
be changed to (>= 1.5-3-1~)
Please ensure that the correct version is getting pulled before you upload.

[1]: https://salsa.debian.org/r-pkg-team/r-cran-tmb/-/blob/master/debian/control#L24

--
Best,
Nilesh