Re: .. slider -- fixing R 4.2.2-only bug in as.Date.POSIXlt()

(This apparently did not leave the emacs buffer I typed it in. Sending now,
belatedly. I will look for an updated r-patched tarball and make a judgement
call in the next few days, likely creating r-base_4.2.2.202211xx off it as
the changeset may be too large (per Martin's hint) for a simple patch file
and if I use my maintainer discretion to jump to 'patched' I should also
signal it in the source version as usual.  -- D.)

On 10 November 2022 at 14:02, Kurt Hornik wrote:
| > Or actually use an R-patched snapshot ...
|
| (Which I know you prefer not to do ...)

Last r-patched tarball at the common ftp server is dated Nov 6.

I'll await a new one and will diff it to 4.2.2 and make a judgement call.
In the quarter century I have been doing this I probably relied on the
patched tarball once or twice; in general "smaller is better" but bugs are
bugs and need to get squashed too so it is the definition of a tradeoff.

Dirk

--
dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd@debian.org