Re: Debian R 4.2.2 packages

On 7 November 2022 at 18:15, Andreas Tille wrote:
| Am Mon, Nov 07, 2022 at 04:02:13PM +0100 schrieb Kurt Hornik:
| > > I admit if this issue is known upstream we can not really do much
| > > from the Debian side, thought.
| >
| > Thanks.  There is no way to manually override the non-regression to
| > trigger the migration?

There is, and you can find _numerous_ messages by Andreas in the archives of
this mailing list doing just that because he had to to get things moving.

I have been on record, without success, arguing that the autopkgtests for
CRAN packages are (almost always) redundant and 'busy work'. However, in this
case we can (as I usually suggest) go to the CRAN page

   https://cran.r-project.org/package=slider

and then the status page and see

   https://cran.r-project.org/web/checks/check_results_slider.html

that CRAN itself reports errors on three platforms!  (And ignore the clang-15
issues, that is just forward-looking to upcoming compilers; CRAN was on the
gcc-10 changes before we were too.)

| It would be possible to remove the two affected tests and I'm fine to do
| so but I would love to hear the opinion of other, more knowledged team
| members, than I am.

My position is (generally) unchanged. I think we should remove or relax the
autopkgtest requirement. But I do not expect to change any minds this time
either.

But in this case it may be time to talk to the actual package maintainer.

Dirk

--
dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd@debian.org