Re: Autopkgtest of r-bioc-gsva fails on Salsa CI

On Wed, Sep 14, 2022 at 03:23:47PM +0200, Graham Inggs wrote:
> On Wed, 14 Sept 2022 at 13:31, Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> wrote:
> > I'm not sure whether this is an hdf5 issue or something else.
> > Any idea how to fix this before asking upstream?
>
> Well it passes in unstable right now [1], and there's a new version of
> hdf5 in unstable [2] that is blocked from migrating.
> Does r-bioc-gsva miss somehow a dependency against the version of hdf5
> it was built against?

If you look at the latest upstream commit[3]. Which makes changes in the code
and corresponding test that is currently failing.
It fixes something wrt Rmatrix 1.4-2 which I suppose is not backwards compatible with rmatrix versions.
There is r-cran-matrix 1.5-1 uploaded today itself to unstable.

However, both salsa CI and debci are building it against rmatrix 1.4-1-1 which is
expected by debci because that's the rmatrix version in testing.
Salsa CI would build it against version in unstable, but I guess src:rmatrix
did not dinstall at the time that CI job ran.

I added in a versioned-dep against rmatrix, and uploaded (after messsing it up in first upload :-S)
and this change IMHO should fix the situation.
However, I think that upstream should properly fix this in DESCRIPTION file.

[3] https://github.com/rcastelo/GSVA/commit/b40777c510f3aff7c4bde662e466ebff1c8686c5

--
Best,
Nilesh