Re: Where can we find the source code for scatterD3.js

Hi Julien,

Am Mon, Aug 01, 2022 at 05:09:36PM +0200 schrieb Julien Barnier:
> > The CRAN package in its DESCRIPTION file links to the GitHub repo. Which
> > shows in
> >     https://github.com/juba/scatterD3#development-notes
> >
> > how to bundle the (not in the package by design) source dir srcjs/ into a
> > compacted file by using node / npm.  (Disclaimer: I know little JS myself)
>
> This is perfectly correct. The JavaScript source code of scatterD3 is in the
> srcjs directory in this Github repository. The compressed JS code in the R
> package is the result of the bundling command given in the README.
>
> Let me know if you have any other question.

Thanks for confirming.  I've now found the time to try this out.
Here is what I did:

$ git clone https://github.com/juba/scatterD3
$ $ LC_ALL=C R --no-save <<EOT
install.packages("packer")
packer::bundle_dev()
EOT

R version 4.2.1 (2022-06-23) -- "Funny-Looking Kid"
Copyright (C) 2022 The R Foundation for Statistical Computing
Platform: x86_64-pc-linux-gnu (64-bit)

Type 'q()' to quit R.

> install.packages("packer")
Installing package into '/home/andreas/R/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-library/4.2'
(as 'lib' is unspecified)
trying URL 'https://cloud.r-project.org/src/contrib/packer_0.1.3.tar.gz'
Content type 'application/x-gzip' length 55191 bytes (53 KB)
downloaded 53 KB

* installing *source* package 'packer' ...
** package 'packer' successfully unpacked and MD5 sums checked
** using staged installation
** R
** inst
** byte-compile and prepare package for lazy loading
** help
*** installing help indices
** building package indices
** testing if installed package can be loaded from temporary location
** testing if installed package can be loaded from final location
** testing if installed package keeps a record of temporary installation path
* DONE (packer)

The downloaded source packages are in
        '/tmp/RtmpTSroW1/downloaded_packages'
> packer::bundle_dev()
Error: No scaffold found, see the `scaffold_*` family of functions
Execution halted

Am I missing something?

> Thanks for your efforts on packaging scatterD3 for debian !

You are welcome