Re: Packaging bslib + licensing issues

Hi Andreas,

On 2/23/22 9:17 PM, Andreas Tille wrote:
Hi Nilesh,

Am Wed, Feb 23, 2022 at 07:11:55PM +0530 schrieb Nilesh Patra:
Its simply since we gave ourself rules and we asked people to stick to
those rules letter by letter.

I really feel like proposing a GR right away, so we get above these hard bound rules and * actually * work on user experience

My pragmatic estimation is that this kind of GR will drain a huge lot of
time from you and has very low chances to succeed.

Yep.

We have other
examples like PDF formated documentations.  (This was my motivation to
invented Files-Excluded to have a simple way to do boring work.)  It
does not make any sense to strip PDF documentation from a source package
... but I do not see a good chance that this will be changed easily.

I always felt that stripping away pdf is very un-called for, but in most cases
this does not cause much harm either.
Looks like today is "I-am-just-pissed-at-FTP-masters day" for me due to the complicated
stuff with bslib - which in no way is upstream's fault
and also a (nitpicky) reject for r2html from new, for which I have been
waiting for ages and is still not there. I am just upset about these and other the high friction processes.

OK, I'll do so later.

    https://github.com/rstudio/bslib/issues/412#issuecomment-1048977407
    https://github.com/rstudio/bslib/issues/413

Thanks a lot for this, this really helps.

Regards,
Nilesh