Re: r-cran-s2 failing builds on 32 bit arches stall migration of many packages

Hi Étienne,

On 10/5/21 1:31 AM, Étienne Mollier wrote:
> I located a patch on s2geometry repository [1], which I injected
> in r-cran-s2, and which seems to do the job.  The issue seems to
> appear only with specific versions of the openssl.  It might
> explain why this has not been caught by upstream continuous
> integration.

Thank you very much for the help! I hope you've uploaded by now?

With this, I think all remaining CRAN packages are ready to migrate, and all pending stuff
should migrate in the next few days, including important ones like knitr, dplyr etc.

It might be nice if we could hold off new upstream versions uploads for the next 2-3 days, remaining
until things get in to testing.

And I checked yesterday, it seems like every single bioconductor package has migrated by now.
This along with fixing CRAN packages to get everything going took a lot of real effort, and I'm very
happy that almost everything is now resolved (for good) and the efforts have come to fruition.

Thanks again for helping out

Nilesh