Re: r-cran-s2 failing builds on 32 bit arches stall migration of many packages

As mentioned before, CRAN runs ~ 12 architecture tests too including some 32
bit ones (Windows, and IIRC Solaris). Here is a build / test log of one of
the CRAN windows architectures showing it passes 'i386' / 32bit there:

  https://www.r-project.org/nosvn/R.check/r-release-windows-ix86+x86_64/s2-00check.html

So maybe not entirely upstream?

Until R 4.2.0 comes out next April, we will have i386 upstream (for
Windows). After that we won't so we will likely have more failure surprises.

Dirk

--
https://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd@debian.org