Re: BioConductor MOFA2 needs basilisk - which installs a conda environment

On 19 September 2021 at 16:09, Andreas Tille wrote:
| On Sun, Sep 19, 2021 at 05:31:14PM +0530, Nilesh Patra wrote:
| >
| > But I do wonder if more packages in future might as well end up needing basilisk too.
|
| I'm thinking about a "fake-basilisk" like r-cran-bh or r-bioc-zlib.

I had a similar thought. I am also friends with the author of it.

They are doing 'The Right Thing' there for _their_ purposes at BioC in
abstracting OSs away and offering 'Python as a Service' for all setups.

We have a much more controlled setup and _maybe_ we could splice in a
'basilisk-lite' not requiring conda and all that crap.  Would be worth a
shot, but is almost a new research project. I don't have time to dive into
this though. I could ask him if it ever came up before.

Dirk

--
https://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd@debian.org