Re: RFS: r-bioc-stringdb and deps r-cran-gsubfn,r-cran-sqldf

Hi Andreas,

On 15.09.21 20:49, Andreas Tille wrote:
Hi Steffen,

On Wed, Sep 15, 2021 at 04:39:52PM +0200, Steffen Möller wrote:
I needed the STRINGdb package locally. Was a bit surprised that we did
not have it already in our archive, I must admit. It comes with some
interesting dependencies.
I've uploaded r-cran-gsubfn to new but for r-cran-sqldf I get an error
in the autopkgtest:

In library(package, lib.loc = lib.loc, character.only = TRUE, logical.return = TRUE,  :
   there is no package called ‘svUnit’
require(pkg, character.only = TRUE)  # Needed if run from R CMD BATCH
Warning message:
no DISPLAY variable so Tk is not available
# unlink("mypkgTest.txt")  # Make sure we generate a new report
mypkgSuite <- svSuiteList(pkg, excludeList = NULL)  # List all our test suites
Error in svSuiteList(pkg, excludeList = NULL) :
   could not find function "svSuiteList"
Execution halted

Please check and if you can not fix the test it should be patched out.

The svUnit package is suggested by sqldf, so the test is a thorough one.
I'll then also package
https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/svUnit/index.html . The package
is a helper for unit testing, which suggests that we only need it as a
test-dependency and do not need to add it as a build dependency.

The CRAN package page also lists gsubfn as a reverse suggests, but that
was fine, right?

Best,
Steffen