Re: Bioconductor API Bump to 3.13

On 1 September 2021 6:00:44 pm IST, "Steffen Möller" <steffen_moeller@gmx.de> wrote:
>>> which routine-update could then iterate over?!?
>> Uhhmmmm, no.  Routine-update is a nice helper, but its in now way fit to
>> to do simply
>>
>>     for pkg in PACKAGES ; do
>>        routine-update
>>        dput
>>
>> Its not made for this and you definitely should inspect the result of
>> every single run.
>
>I was more thinking of a
>
>for pkg in PACKAGES ; do
>    if ! routine-update; do
>       echo "E: First package to fail is $pkg"
>       break
>    fi
>done
>
>for pkg in PACKAGES ; do
>    if happy(pkg); then dput; else <manual rework>; dput; fi
>done

This is definitely not good. This doesn't inspect autopkgtests, doesn't let you do any QA work on it, it wouldn't check if some new file has a different license which needs to be accounted in d/copyright.
It doesn't account for the fact if some dependency needs to be rebuilt/updated first with 3.13 API.
Directly dput'ing is not good, I can 100% concur with this.

>>> @Andreas+Dylan, since
>>> still keyless, would it be of help for you if I "quickly" ran this on
>>> the 1st level ones? I mean, you would just go and upload the source
>>> packages from salsa, then. Right?
>> I'm doing some packages step by step.
>
>Many thanks!

+1