Re: Interested in joining R team

On Tue 15 Jun 2021 09:25:49 AM EDT, Nilesh Patra wrote:
On 6/15/21 5:13 PM, Torrance, Douglas wrote:
On Mon 14 Jun 2021 03:47:51 PM EDT, Nilesh Patra wrote:
On 6/14/21 7:55 PM, Torrance, Douglas wrote:
I've pushed my first two R packages to Salsa:

https://salsa.debian.org/r-pkg-team/r-cran-sets

There's a sets.pdf in inst/doc
I do not feel too good about this, and my hunch is that FTP masters might not like it.
Since it seems to be generated from inst/doc/sets.Rnw, can you repack the pdf and generate during build?

Done -- the pdf is now re-generated during build using dh_vignette.

Awesome!

By "repack", did you also mean to remove it from the tarball using d/copyright?

Right

Is that necessary since the source is present?

Not necessary, but since you aren't installing the vendored pdf, and you are generating the pdf on your own and installing that one,
the vendored pdf (332K in space) in the source package is useless, and it is better if we remove unwanted source binaries.

Maintaining it should be cheap, and I'd recommend getting rid of it simply, what do you think?

That makes sense.  I've pushed a few more commits that do this.

https://salsa.debian.org/r-pkg-team/r-cran-orthopolynom

Why is the Architecture set to :any in d/control?
I do not see any compilation during build, nor does DESCRIPTION file give any hints about compilation
Should this be all instead?

Indeed, it should be!  It's fixed now.

Uploaded this :-)

Thank you!