Re: packaging R-INLA

Hi Magnus,

> I am a sysadmin at the University of Edinburgh. We are in the process
> of switching to Ubuntu for our managed Linux desktops.

Great news! :)

> One of the packages I need to deal with is R-INLA [1] which is not
> available on CRAN. I am happy to package it but what should the correct
> name for the package be since it is not on cran. Just r-inla?

For what I've seen (I have to admit that I am not an Debian neither R
package developer, but would like to become one), all cran packages
have names of the form r-cran-{package-name}. r-cran-inla would be my
suggestion then.

You can take a look at them at Debian website[1].

[1] https://packages.debian.org/stable/gnu-r/

Regards,
--
TS