Re: Non-free mp3 sample in av (Was: r-cran-av_0.5.0-1_amd64.changes REJECTED)

Le Thu, Apr 09, 2020 at 01:17:15AM +0200, Jeroen Ooms a écrit :
> On Wed, Apr 8, 2020 at 12:02 PM Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> wrote:
> >
> > since I know you are very responsive about R packaging in Debian I'd
> > like to simply forward this issue to you.  While I could remove the said
> > mp3 file and edit the tests to exclude this one I think its more in the
> > interest of all users if you could find a different sample with a free
> > license.  If you need suggestions I'd happily ask here in the Debian
> > community.
>
> Hmm I didn't realize this was considered non-free by some. The license
> states that it is free to share — copy and redistribute the material
> in any medium or format.

Dear Jeroen,

thanks for your prompt answer !

Debian has a special emphasis on software freedom, but even for other
projects, a non-commercial license like the CC-4-BY-NC-ND can be
problematic.  For instance, a Linux CD image containing your package can
not be sold, a freelancer can not organise a paid course in which the
mp3 file of your package would be used in a way or another, etc.  Thus,
a Free replacement of the mp3 file would be very useful.

Have a nice day,

Charles

--
Charles Plessy                              Akano, Uruma, Okinawa, Japan
Debian Med packaging team         http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-med