Re: r-bioc-biocinstaller (Was: r-base breaks 9 autopkgtests)

Hi Andreas

On 2019/07/26 14:59, Andreas Tille wrote:
OK, great!  As per the excuses for r-base [1], once the regressions in
r-cran-filehash and r-cran-haplo.stats have been fixed, I will ask
Dirk to do a no-change source-only upload to resolve the "not built on
buildd" issue.

If those two packages are the only blockers we might consider
deactivating the tests for the moment.  I'm to busy at DebConf to
do more complex stuff than simple uploads / upgrades but feel free
to "cheat" with the tests.  I just activated the tests which were
never be run before so deactivating them is just restoring the
situation we had before.  These should not block any transition.

I trust you had a good DebConf!

As far as I can see, these tests were activated and passed previously, which is why, as you can see on the packages tracker pages [1][2], britney considers them regressions, and thus block migration:

autopkgtest for r-cran-filehash/2.4-2-1: amd64: Regression
Not considered

autopkgtest for r-cran-haplo.stats/1.7.9-3: amd64: Regression
Not considered

I'll quote the usual message that appears on the package tracker for transitions:

"Please avoid uploads unrelated to this transition, they would likely delay it and require supplementary work from the release managers. On the other hand, if your package has problems preventing it to migrate to testing, please fix them as soon as possible."

The uploads we need now are ones fixing autopkgtest regressions and binaries not built on the buildds, as these are blocking the migration.

I found one can search on britney's update excuses page [3] e.g. for 'binaries uploaded by ginggs' and find a package of mine that recently cleared NEW and was not built on the buildds.

Regards
Graham

[1] https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/r-cran-filehash
[2] https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/r-cran-haplo.stats