Re: Question for r-bioc-lpsymphony

On Sat, Jul 6, 2019 at 10:24 AM Andreas Tille <andreas@fam-tille.de> wrote:
> I perfectly know this.  The description of lpsymphony explicitly says:
>
>  The main difference between this package and
>  Rsymphony is that it includes the solver source code (SYMPHONY version
>  5.6), while Rsymphony expects to find header and library files on the
>  users' system. Thus the intention of lpsymphony is to provide an easy to
>  install interface to SYMPHONY.
>
> The point is actually *how* to use the packaged libs and this is why
> I was asking for help here.  Would you consider crafting a patch?

I don't see the need for a patch since lpsymphony's configure  script first
searches for a system installed symphony library before considering to
build the included sources. It therefore should be sufficient to build with
'coinor-libsymphony-dev' installed. Have you tried that? The resulting
library /usr/lib/R/site-libary/lpsymphony/libs/lpsymphony.so should be
dynamically linked with the system installed symphony library.

cheerio
ralf