r-cran-haplo.stats (Was: r-base breaks 9 autopkgtests)

Hi Graham,

On Wed, Aug 7, 2019  Graham Inggs wrote:
> I trust you had a good DebConf!

I had despite I was missing some friends like you.

> As far as I can see, these tests were activated and passed previously, which is why, as you can see on the packages tracker pages [1][2], britney considers them regressions, and thus block migration:
>

> autopkgtest for r-cran-filehash/2.4-2-1: amd64: Regression

Fixed.

> autopkgtest for r-cran-haplo.stats/1.7.9-3: amd64: Regression
> Not considered

That test is totally useless since all parts are failing with quite some
diff.  Steffen, has this package any use or should we rather drop it?
For the moment I do not see any sense in running the test and thus I
deactivated it completely.  Could you please raise the issue with
upstream?

> I'll quote the usual message that appears on the package tracker for transitions:
>

> "Please avoid uploads unrelated to this transition, they would likely delay it and require supplementary work from the release managers. On the other hand, if your package has problems preventing it to migrate to testing, please fix them as soon as possible."
>
> The uploads we need now are ones fixing autopkgtest regressions and binaries not built on the buildds, as these are blocking the migration.

OK, I'll stop uploading any R packages for the moment until

   https://qa.debian.org/excuses.php?package=r-base

is cleared.

Any help is really welcome.  I'll be basically busy with real life until
19.8. and will not be of much help here.

> I found one can search on britney's update excuses page [3] e.g. for 'binaries uploaded by ginggs' and find a package of mine that recently cleared NEW and was not built on the buildds.

You mean for these we need to do a source-only re-upload?
I admit I do not like this new "feature" that packages coming
from new have no chance to migrate to testing. :-(