Rhdf5 issue

Hi,

I'd like to package r-other-wasabi[1] for the Debian Med team.  It
depends r-bioc-rhdf5[2] which in turn depends r-bioc-rhdf5lib[3]
which I just uploaded to new after linking against libhdf5.  However,
I have the impression that I did something wrong since there is an
issue with r-bioc-rhdf5 which boils down to some code in
  src/Makevars
which throws an error:

$ echo 'Rhdf5lib::pkgconfig("PKG_CXX_LIBS")'| R --vanilla --slave
Error in system.file("lib", package = "Rhdf5lib", mustWork = TRUE) :
  no file found
Calls: <Anonymous> -> Sys.getenv -> system.file
Execution halted

While there is certainly the option to specify PKG_LIBS manually
to successfully build r-bioc-rhdf5 I'd prefer to get things right.
Any idea what needs to be fixed in r-bioc-rhdf5lib.

Kind regards

     Andreas.

[1] https://salsa.debian.org/r-pkg-team/r-other-wasabi
[2] https://salsa.debian.org/r-pkg-team/r-bioc-rhdf5