Re: 500 Can't connect to cran.r-project.org:443 (certificate verify failed)

Hi Jeroen,

On Fri, Aug 17, 2018 at 03:26:17PM +0200, Jeroen Ooms wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 17, 2018 at 3:19 PM, Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> wrote:
> > This seems to have settled now ...
>
> The CRAN root server is often overloaded. It might be better to use
> the cloudfront mirror, which gets synched every hour and is never down:
> https://cloud.r-project.org/

I've changed the according dh-r helpers to use the latter[1] at least
for those packages that will be created from scratch.  I'd consider to
adapt my routine-update script to update existing packages as well.

Thanks for the hint

       Andreas.

[1] https://salsa.debian.org/r-pkg-team/dh-r/commit/2b818e0425e4432010a883c099e106bfc7ccab06