Re: r-cran-dbi changed from arch=any to arch=all which makes it "unvisible" in unstable (Was: New version of r-bioc-genomicranges breaks autopkgtests of r-bioc-summarizedexperiment in testing)

On 10 May 2018 at 11:54, Andreas Tille wrote:
| Hi,
|
| a lot of r-* packages received mails about test suite errors like this:
|
| On Wed, May 09, 2018 at 02:16:29PM +0100, Paul Gevers wrote:
| > [2] https://ci.debian.net/packages/r/r-bioc-summarizedexperiment/testing/amd64/
|
| I think the problem is that the packages depend directly or indirectly
| from r-cran-dbi version 1.0.0 which is according to tracker[1] available
| for architecture all but an older version is available for all
| architectures.  This ends up in something like
|
| $ apt-cache policy r-cran-dbi
| r-cran-dbi:
|   Installed: 0.8-1
|   Candidate: 0.8-1
|   Version table:
|  *** 0.8-1 501
|         501 http://httpredir.debian.org/debian testing/main amd64 Packages
|          50 http://httpredir.debian.org/debian unstable/main amd64 Packages
|          50 http://ftp.debian.org/debian unstable/main amd64 Packages
|         100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
|

| May be this will "heal" somehow automatically but I wanted to give some
| hint about this in case some manual action might be needed.

Sorry about that. It must have been an old packaging oversight that only came
to light now -- DBI never had a src/ directory and should have been 'all' all
along.

Any idea how we can correct that at the repo? Shall we file a bug with release.d.o?

Dirk

--
http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd@debian.org