Re: Test suite failures in base64url

Hi,

AFAICT there is no bug in base64url. The triggered unit test
(https://github.com/cran/base64url/blob/master/tests/testthat/test_base64.R#L47)
just verifies that a base64-encoded random string "plain" decodes to
"plain" again - here both encoder and decoder are from the base64enc
(*not* base64url) package. I use this package and also the openssl
package to verify the results of my base64 implementations in the unit
tests.

After a quick look into the source of base64enc, I noticed that
base64enc doesn't convert the input/output to UTF8 which then leads to
problems in your locale.
I guess that Simon (CCed) forgot to throw in some translateCharUTF8()
and mkCharCE() calls.

Best,
Michel