Re: Choice of a Maintainer address for the team [EVERYONE PLEASE REPLY]

On Fri, Apr 20, 2018 at 10:39:31AM +0200, Sébastien Villemot wrote:
> Ok, so given the positive answer of the alioth-lists.debian.net admins, we now
> have three options for the Maintainer field:
>
> 1) team+r-pkg-team@tracker.debian.org
>    Cons: humain emails go to /dev/null (considered as a bug, see #891504), no archive
>
> 2) debian-r@lists.debian.org
>    Cons: no fine-tuning of package subscribtions, automated messages will be mixed with
>    packagers' discussions
>
> 3) a new list at alioth-lists.debian.net
>    Cons: no fine-tuning of package subscribtions, temporary (a few years)

So far the votes are:

D. Aïssi:    1 > 3 > 2
A. Tille:    3 > 1 > 2
C. Plessy:   3 > 2 > 1
S. Villemot: 1 > 3 > 2

So unless someone else enters the vote, we have a tie between 1 and 3.

As a compromise, I could be open to the idea of implementing 3, but with the
additional rule that subscribing to the alioth mailing list is not mandatory
for team members, and that subscribing through the tracker is also considered as
a valid option.

In practice, this would leave the responsibility of reading humain mails to the
list on the shoulders of a those subscribed to it (i.e. probably Andreas and
Charles).

Best,

--
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀  Sébastien Villemot