Qt6 packaging: dependency lock out

Hi,

I am Daniel Schurmann, a developer of the Mixxx DJ software. We are currently working on porting Mixxx to Qt6 and in order to support this, I am maintaining backports of your Qt packages for Ubuntu:  https://launchpad.net/~daschuer/+archive/ubuntu/qt6-backports

I am now working on updating the packages to upstream 6.2.3. unfortunately, I am locked out due to a dependency issue around the virtual package qt6-base-abi.

Some packages, for instance https://packages.debian.org/de/experimental/libqt6svg6 from qtsvg have a qt6-base-abi (= 6.2.2) and a libqt6core6 (>=6.2.2)  from qtbase which provides qt6-base-abi.

During the update I need to build and install qtbuild first, but I cannot install the new package without uninstalling all other qt6 packages due to the fixed version in qt6-base-abi (= 6.2.2)

Is this the desired behavior?

For my understanding qt6-base-abi 6.2.3 includes 6.2.2. and since qtsvg is an independent source tree there shouldn't be any issue rectifying the exact abi.

The other issue is that the additional libqt6core6 (>=6.2.2) dependency destroys the reason for the virtual package. For my understanding it is provided to allow any other future package to be a drop in replacement for
libqt6core6. But that will not work if there are packages depending on  libqt6core6 explicitly.

How can we fix both issues? Is there a way to see the reason both packages are picked up by the debian helpers?

Thank you for your help.

Best regards,

Daniel