Re: Fetching build-dep qt*-opensource-src for foreign arch fails

Hi Henning!

On Sun, 29 May 2022 at 04:36, <henning.schuett@mailbox.org> wrote:

> Package: qtdeclarative-opensource-src
> Version: 5.15.2+dfsg-6
>
> Dear Maintainers,
>
> I am trying to build Qt5 on a current debian for a foreign architecture using multi-arch. But when fetching the necessary build dependencies I run into the following error:
> root@61e383731765:~# dpkg --print-architecture
> arm64
> root@61e383731765:~# dpkg --print-foreign-architectures
> amd64
> root@61e383731765:~# apt-get build-dep -a amd64 qtdeclarative-opensource-src
> Reading package lists... Done
> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree
> Reading state information... Done
> or been moved out of Incoming.
> builddeps:qtdeclarative-opensource-src:amd64 : Depends: qtbase5-doc-html:amd64 (>= 5.15.2+dfsg~) but it is not installable
>
> It looks like the dependency is linked to qtbase5-doc-html:amd64 which is not available as it is architecture independent.
>
> I tried some other packages and qtsvg-opensource-src, qtmultimedia-opensource-src, and qt3d-opensource-src seem to have similar issues. While qtbase-opensource-src works as I would expect it.
>
> I tried to fix it myself in the debian/control files. It seems that qtbase5-doc-html is a build-depends-indep and only removing the line completely and installing the dependency manually really seemed to resolve the error for me.
>
> I also tried the other way around using a amd64 machine and install build-dep for arm64 but that resulted in the same erros.
>
> Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug?

Well, strictly speaking you don't need to build architecture
independent binaries while cross building, so I really don't know. But
I think this question is more suitable on #multiarch

--
Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer
https://perezmeyer.com.ar/