Re: libqt5x11extras5-dev should contain libQt5X11Extras.a?

Thanks for you explanation, I understand the idea behind this.

However, on the same time, for example, qttools5-dev:amd64
does provide /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libQt5UiTools.a

So it's not consistent?

Anyway on the matter at hand, I decided worrying too much about static compiling, since it's not working as easy as expected (because I suppose not many people do this). So I'll just package the needed .so files along the binary with a small wrapper setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH to "."

Kind regards, Axel