Re: ffmpeg dev question

On 2020-11-09 17:53:52 +0100, Jérôme Bardot wrote:
> Hello pretty new on cross compilation.
> and i want to know if ffmpegs devs lib are build with cross compilation prefix ?
>
> Something like specify here :
> - https://ffmpeg.org/platform.html#Cross-compilation-for-Windows-with-Linux-1
>
> Also i want to use it in qt creator.

While cross-compiling is supported, the target needs to be a valid
Debian architecture. So in theory, you could patch dpkg to support such
a Windows target, build enough of the archive with a cross-compiler to
satisfy all the build dependencies and then build ffmpeg. But then you'd
end up with some debs and I'm not sure if that's what you want.

If you just want ffmpeg built for Windows, I'd follow the upstream guide
and ignore the Debian package.

Cheers
--
Sebastian Ramacher